Thursday, 20 June 2013

Green Eyed Monster

I spent a lot of time to yesterday traveling from place to place in the sunshine. It was great to just be outside, the lovely weather made all the endless travelling a little easier to deal with.

However, whilst out and about I noticed that with the sunshine, comes a lot of pretty, skinny girls with their stretch-mark-less legs out and wearing things only skinny girls could get away with wearing. As I noticed this I got more and more depressed. I'm not happy with my weight at the moment and I'm trying to do something about it.

I used to be one of the skinny girls. Looking back at high school and even year 13 prom photos I was so much skinnier than I was now. I was a healthy looking size 8 and proud of it. Now I'm a chubby looking size 12 and it annoys me.



I piled on the weight after getting the contraceptive implant. It made me feel safe and secure but MAN did it make me put on weight. So after jumping up two sizes in less than 6 months I changed back to the pill. Unfortunately, the implant has changed my body completely and permanently and I know I'll never get back to my size 8.


I did, however, come to a realisation that made me feel both better and worse all at the same time. As I watched and admired the skinny girls swanning around in the sunshine I noticed a correlation; they were either aged between 14 and 18 or 6 foot tall.

I am 5'3", which makes the extra weight I hold look worse than it is because it has no room to spread out. I am also 20 and creeping closer to 21 every day (state the obvious). But this means I no longer have the metabolism I did when I was 16 (partially helped by the implant). Also aided my the implant and puberty is the fact that I now have hips, something I didn't have before; meaning that even if I lost the weight I'd still not fit into my size 8 jeans.

I'm trying to eat healthier and cut down on snacking and takeaways and today I went for a jog. It may have only lasted 10 minutes before my asthma kicked in but it was a good 10 minutes. Now that Ben's at work during the day and I have time to kill I'm going to try and jog once a day. Hopefully it will help.

No comments:

Post a Comment