Monday, 15 July 2013

First Day on The New Job

My feet as killing me! I stripped 47 king sized beds today and at least 20 single beds. I learnt how to 'properly' make a bed in that annoying hotel way where they tuck the duvet ridiculously tightly into the bed and I also learnt that with this job I will never need a gym membership!

I now have complete respect for housekeepers at hotels, their (and now my) job is bloody hard. One room in 20 minutes, cleaning every corner and changing all the bedding and towels!? Take me back to serving food to moody customers any day! But it pays well, the hours are sociable, the shifts are flexible and the people are lovely.

I am, however, going to need to buy some comfier shoes. Not to mention head all the way down to the parents house tomorrow to find my passport/birth certificate so I can get on the payroll. But it will be worth it, I'm earning £122 this week. Which is much more than I was aiming for!

Happy, happy me.

No comments:

Post a Comment