I texted my best friend earlier to rather proudly announce to her that I'd started a blog. All I expected in return was an "awesome" and then something about what she'd done that afternoon. The reply I actually got was "What's the link? I wanna read!" ... Oh.
I'd never expected my blog to be read by anyone, let alone anyone I knew! It was just going to be a place for me to vent. So now I'm panicking, what do I do? I delayed and said I'd send her the link later, hoping she's forget. At least it gave me time to think.
Random people reading my inner thoughts, not a problem. Someone close to me who may be included in those thoughts and personally know the others involved in them...not so sure. But after a bit of rational thinking and a "pull yourself together" moment, I sent her the link. She is, after all, my best friend. She knows my faults and problems. She know my likes and my dislikes. This is not to say I share everything with you gorgeous (I know you'll be reading this at some point) but that's because there are some things you just don't want or need to know. But you are aware of that already.
I have to admit I am still feeling slightly cautious that this may open up a new side to me that you don't know yet, or haven't seen before but that was essentially why I started this blog in the first place. To give an outlet to those sides of me that are often shut off. Those upset, angry, self centered thoughts that I dismiss as child like tantrums but that slowly nag away at me.
So here you go babe! A whole post dedicated to you! Come back regularly for updates ... if you dare!
No comments:
Post a Comment